I'm Taking Up the Axe, Bro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Taking Up the Axe, Bro

So. Someone lay down some insider tips and tricks.

Johnny?

"In my stars, I am above thee."

-BoF- Blackphoenix

Re: I'm Taking Up the Axe, Bro

What I've been trying is this:

Runes: ARPen, Armor/level, CDR/level, ARPen Quints.

Defensive/Offensive Masteries. I'm keeping them like that so I don't have to switch them around every time I want to play Jax. It seems to work well.

I've been building this:

Cloth Armor + 5 Pots to start.

Then:

Madrez's Razor
    Berzerk Boots
    Madrez's --> Lantern
    Brutalizer
    Brutalizer --> Ghostblade

At this point, I have to decide on IE or a defensive item, and the build varies onward.

My tactic is simple: Jungle. I start with wolves, then ghosts, then golems, then to the top for golems and ghosts. I skip the rune mobs until I go back to buy my Razor. I keep leveling pace with this tactic and it puts me with both runes by the time I'm ready to gank.

When I have 700gp, I hit base, grab a razor, hit the rune mobs, then look for gank victims. Usually, I'm about at level 5 by now. I'm at least on par with the bottom lane for levels.

I train lvl 1 of W first, then lay into Q and E heavily. Ulti when able.

What does everyone think of this?

-BoF- Blackphoenix

Comment

I hate my life. I wrote up an actual reply and then it disappeared. Wah.

Here's my short form:

I'd change out ghostblade for something else. Starks Fervor would do the armor reduction while giving you more ridiculous lifesteal and attack speed when low on health, so it is a great choice.

Then after that, you might not need any more attack speed because of your passive, so survivability is a good thing to make your damage go up. Veil, Sunfire, Frozen Mallet, and Randuin's are all spectacular depending on different team compositions. The Randuin's/Mallet super combo is hilarious fun for slowing. Or you can always just go pure attack speed, which isn't quite as good for chasing under turrets, but you can 1v1 like nobody's business.
      Death with dignity is better than life with humiliation. - Husayn ibn Ali

Coast 2 Coast: causing drama on the intarwebz since 1853

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnymac View Post
        I hate my life. I wrote up an actual reply and then it disappeared. Wah.

Here's my short form:

I'd change out ghostblade for something else. Starks Fervor would do the armor reduction while giving you more ridiculous lifesteal and attack speed when low on health, so it is a great choice.

Then after that, you might not need any more attack speed because of your passive, so survivability is a good thing to make your damage go up. Veil, Sunfire, Frozen Mallet, and Randuin's are all spectacular depending on different team compositions. The Randuin's/Mallet super combo is hilarious fun for slowing. Or you can always just go pure attack speed, which isn't quite as good for chasing under turrets, but you can 1v1 like nobody's business.

Thanks for the input. SO I should try:

Then:

Madrez's Razor
        Berzerk Boots
        Madrez's --> Lantern
        Phage
        Starks
        Phage --> Mallet
        R. Omen
        <Situational Survivability Item>

Thoughts?

-BoF- Blackphoenix

Comment

Yeah, that's a pretty solid build. The phage helps a good bit with early survivability (although you can also grab the heart of gold somewhere in there if you are having gold issues so that you get a good bit of it before building the Randuin's) and you always are gonna want some health built in just to make your w more effective.

Comment

Yeah, that's a pretty solid build. The phage helps a good bit with early survivability (although you can also grab the heart of gold somewhere in there if you are having gold issues so that you get a good bit of it before building the Randuin's) and you always are gonna want some health built in just to make your w more effective.
            Does he not need some kind of damage item though? The build lacks that noticeably.

-BoF- Blackphoenix

Comment

To me, his W is up often enough that you don't need straight damage item as long as you have enough health to raise it a bit whenever W is on. I have never had problems taking people on 1v1 or 2v1 and being outdamaged, but I spam that spell constantly. I see no real need for straight damage, but after you've built like 2 tanky items, an Atma's wouldn't be a bad thing. It would give you extra damage plus even more armor, so that's not a bad way to go.

Comment

To me, his W is up often enough that you don't need straight damage item as long as you have enough health to raise it a bit whenever W is on. I have never had problems taking people on 1v1 or 2v1 and being outdamaged, but I spam that spell constantly. I see no real need for straight damage, but after you've built like 2 tanky items, an Atma's wouldn't be a bad thing. It would give you extra damage plus even more armor, so that's not a bad way to go.
                Lantern
                Zerk Boots
                Frozen Mallet
                Starks
                Atmas
                R. Omen.

If I build that way, I'd have to level the axe last, because I'd be cutting that damage off a lot.

Skilling up would look like this: W, Q, E, W, W, R, W, E, W, E, and so forth. Sound about right?

-BoF- Blackphoenix

Comment

Aye, Q is only a priority for laning olafs. It doesn't do enough damage late game to be used for the damage output, so as a jungler, you are just using it for the slow (and getting the one early point to make your jungling go quickly.) But yeah, the way you are going to want to play, it's just not important enough to level past 1 early game.

Comment

Working...
                  X